||PARTICULARS OF THE ORGANIZATION
The Company was incorporated pursuant to Act VII, 1913 of the Legislative Council of India, entitled The Indian Companies Act, 1913 on 23rd day of December, 1919 as BRITISH INDIA ELECTRIC CONSTRUCTION COMPANY LIMITED.
The name of the Company has been changed to BIECCO LAWRIE LIMITED pursuant to section 23(1) of the Companies Act, 1956 (1 of 1956) on 14th day of April, 1970.
|Registered Office of the Company :
||Biecco Lawrie Limited
6, Mayurbhanj Road
Kolkata 700 023
West Bengal, India
|Share Capital :
||Authorized Capital : Rs.75,00,00,000/-
Paid-up Capital :
|Shareholding pattern :
||President of India
Oil Industry Development Board :
|Board of Directors consisting of :
Director : nominated by GOI
Director : nominated by GOI
|The Company was formed with the objectives, as described in its Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association.
|Company's Vision and Mission statements
||The Company was one of the premier British Indian Companies during pre-independence era. It was mainly involved in Electrical Products, viz., Motors, Tea Garden Machinery etc.
In 1924, the Company acquired its permanent home at Mayurbhanj Road at Calcutta. The factory was equipped with an Electrical Repair Shop for re-winding and repair of Motors, facilities for Carbon Brush manufacture with carbon blocks imported from Morgan Crudible Ltd., England, fabrication of small Low Tension Switchgear boards, and some Tea Machinery assisted by its own Machine Shop, Foundry and Tool Room.
In 1932, the Company commenced production of 'BIECCO' Fans. These were low priced and aimed at the mass market.
In the late thirties (1939), in collaboration with Electric Construction Co. Ltd., Wolverhampton, England, the Company started manufacturing of small 3 phase A.C. Induction Motors pioneering indigenous manufacture of motors in the Country.
In 50's decade, BLL pioneered manufacturing of Switchgear (12 KV range) in India in its product mix. Initially a British firm, Johnson & Phillips extended technical support for manufacturing Switchgear.
The Company earned the distinction of having pioneered indigenous manufacture of 11 KV Switchgears in the Country and achieved the position of market leader in the field, in competition with imported switchgears.
In 1991, BLL was the only Company to indigenously develop Vacuum Circuit Breakers (VCB) up to 1250 Amp at 12 KV range. All other Companies in the industry had foreign collaborations.
Presently, it is an independent Government of India Enterprise under the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas.
A Kolkata-based electrical engineering company having diversified activities in Petroleum Products in addition to its electrical products and services. The main business operations are :
MV Indoor/Outdoor Vacuum Circuit Breakers
Spares & Services for Switchgears
Locohead Breakers for AC Traction Vehicles
Repair of HT Electrical Rotating Machines
Smart Substations (Conventional/Un-manned)
Project Management Consultancy
Third Party Inspection as REC approved agency
||Lube Oil Filling for OMCs
|FUNCTIONAL STRUCTURE OF THE COMPANY